CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, March 22, 2009

ugh

So things are not looking so great or us here. On Friday I lost my job. Well, re-organized was how it was put. In all honesty it's not as bad as I think, I did hate the job and we all knew it was never going to last. What sucks is how they went about it and seeing as how they are men tact is not even in their vocabulary. A little warning would have been nice, something along the lines of "when we find a replacement we're going to move you somewhere else" then it wouldn't have been such a shock and the wouldn't have had to be all dramatic and drag me into the office. Because it wasn't as if it was malicious or even like I sucked at my job and so I was being canned. Not the case at all so I am told. Despite not liking it I was actually quite good at it. So all I am saying is tact people...I knew I wasn't going to stay, you knew I wasn't going to stay, I knew you were hiring, you didn't have to "dismiss" me. Kind of lame. On the bright side I am receiving what normally goes for several thousand dollars of their services for free because they just like me so much. :) I will also be handling small per diem projects on the side for them, being paid at my regular rate. So I wasn't canned, and I wasn't laid off, I'm not sure what I was. Replaced I guess. Eh...let's see how long this new one lasts, lol. If you knew the turn over rate for that position....I think the finance guy told me it was up to 41. (well when you require so much for soo little..what do you expect? And despite not giving a shit I worked damn hard, my girl P can testify to that one!) Speaking of P, that's what sucks the most I think. I don't make decent friends often and I thought she and I were doing quite well in that department. I'm sad that I won't be seeing her every day now. Hopefully when we say we'll keep in touch we actually will. :)
The other thing that sucks ass is we may lose our apartment. We are going to try to hold out until J hears back about law school and then decide what to do. I know the most economical and logical thing to do is to move back in with his parents but dammit, I do NOT want to.
So that's what's going on right now. I'm kinda feeling shitty and low so any words of comfort you may have would be much appreciated. If you want to tell me in actuality I DO suck, please hold of until further notice.
Thanks

2 comments:

priscilla said...

i am absolutely going to miss you and absolutely going to stay in touch. hang in there, something MUST come up!

AKatC518 said...

Awww thanks lady! Let us know when the next game night is, we'll be there with bells on! (Well maybe only J will wear the bells...hehe)