CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, December 14, 2008

will I or won't I?

Ok, so my gyno told me I should start testing for ovulation (aka pee on a stick) today. I started yesterday. No, I'm not that impatient (ok maybe a little), I was in pain. I have been having an ache on both sides which I attest to being my ovaries. I have achy ovaries people!!! I assumed the Clomid was doing its thing (whatever that is) and I was starting or trying to ovulate. Nope, apparently not.


Let me just take a minute to express the absurdity of the ovulation predictor kit. You pee on the stick and there are two windows, one oval and one square. Now that oval is the control window and will reveal a pink line. The square window is my pink line. If it doesn't appear or is lighter than the oval window's line, the test is negative. If it is the same or darker it is positive. Do you know how many variations of pee stained pink there are?! I do! For the last two days it has been negative, but the line is getting more visible (hope hope hope!) I may go crazy trying to determine the colors later in this week. ::sigh:: Can't anything be easy?

To off set the lack of trust we have in these kits my lovely husband has come up with a solution. Just have sex every night. So far so good. lol! Nothing crazy, lately it has been very simple and I feel like we've been connecting better, no pun intended.  I read somewhere that during sex you should think positively and visualize. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be giving a mental pep talk to his swimmers and my girly bits but I have been trying to think positively. Also trying to visualize positively, which is a hell of a lot harder than it sounds. This is all getting a bit too technical for me. I wish my body worked right. Damn PCOS. Yeah, I think I may have forgotten to mention that I have PCOS. Right now I am in a good place actually, the cysts are gone according to my last ultrasound. So, ::fingers crossed::!!

I think that's it for now, time to go gussy myself up to take the family xmas photo. Third time's a charm right? Right?! :p

1 comments:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said...

Those tests sound horrible! I would go nuts.